Three opportunities to take part in Early Support’s newly revised and free Key Working Training are on offer in the West Midlands led by the Regional Facilitator, Fiona Holmes.
The course consists of 2 days of face to face delivery which is interactive, practical and practice focused, with a combination of short presentations, facilitated discussions and exploratory activities focused on case studies and scenarios.
For more detail about what Key Working is take a look at this useful information at our sister site.
The training is aimed at:
- Practitioners and managers who work with disabled children and young people and others with additional needs, including SEN and complex health needs
- Parent carers of disabled children and young people and children and young people with additional needs.
The training covers:
- Early Support – A principled approach to the SEND reforms
- Partnership in action
- Working with different views of the world
- Key working and the key working functions
- Key working across the continuum of need
- The key working process
- Person-centred approaches for Early Support and key working
- Person-centred thinking and the key working process
- Problem solving and decision making tools and the key working process
- Working together across services to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND and their families
- Key working across the 20 week process for the Education Health and Care Plan
The course will help participants to:
- Use key working to achieve better outcomes for children and young people
- Develop shared language and understanding and work more effectively with each other.
- Support their local area to deliver effective and seamless services, in line with Early Support principles and the Government’s new SEND strategy and legislation.
So here are the all important dates and locations:
Elmbank Training Centre
March 27th & 28th 2014
Ketley Community Centre
March 6th & 7th
24th & 25th
All the sessions run 9:30am to 4:30am and there is such a thing as a free lunch!
To apply please email email@example.com
You must book in advance to guarantee your place
Solihull Education Improvement Service, Learning and Achievement, Council House, Manor Square, Solihull B91 3QB Telephone Number: 0121 704 6620